New £5000 Government grant for small businesses to boost cyber security
On 16th July 2015, the Government announced a new scheme providing funding to help small businesses better protect their digital assets and information. This scheme is part of a wider Government drive to increase the resilience of UK businesses to cyber attacks.
Innovate UK have run a number of schemes to get funding into businesses around specific ideas or themes and the Cyber Security Innovation Voucher scheme will follow suit.
The voucher can be used to pay for an external cyber security expert to help your business. The Cyber Essentials scheme is referenced heavily within the details. This is not unsurprising as Cyber Essentials is the Government-backed, industry-supported certification scheme designed specifically with SMEs in mind. It was launched mid 2014 and more details are available at CyberEssentials.Guide.
What You Need To Know
Open to submissions: NOW - it opened on 27th July, 2015
Deadline for submissions: 20th October, 2015 at 12:00 midday
Funding Available: Up to £5000
- You must be running or starting an SME (<250 headcount & < EUR 50m turnover)
- You can only use a provider with whom you have not formally worked with before
- You must have a real business need which requires expert assistance
- You must not have received an Innovation Voucher before
The online application process should only take about 30 minutes, but it is advisable you talk with a supplier such to be able to articulate what it is the exercise will achieve for your organisation. Razormind are happy to discuss this with you should you be interested in applying.
- Consider how funding through a Cyber Security Innovation Voucher could help your organisation grow and develop
- Read CyberEssentials.Guide to ensure you know what this Government certification scheme is about. Would you be interested in secure with the funding?
- Contact Razormind and let us know what you are thinking; we can discuss the benefits that come with certification and help you make a strong case in your application. E-mail or call +44 (0)207 193 6611
- Submit your application: Here
Razormind IT Security
Razormind is aimed specifically at SMEs. We have experience working with a variety of organisations: those that have never considered Cyber Security before, those with fully outsourced IT, right through to regulated companies with very mature information assurance programmes established.